Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you’re having a lovely day, whatever you are doing. I haven’t done a weekend edition post in ages, but thought I would this week. This week has been quiet for us, though we had a lovely day out on Friday with Mr FC’s parents. We went for a walk at Ullswater and it was good to get outside and have some exercise. Frugal Baby was in his carrier (we have this one which was been a great investment) and he loved being able to pat the trees as we walked through a forest during our walk. He thought it was really funny! I love seeing his reaction to the world.
I have felt a bit out of sorts lately, so have been trying to take care of myself a bit. It is difficult when you have a young child, as your attention is all on them, quite rightly so, but I have neglected myself a bit lately. So, I have been going to bed earlier and reading for a while before going to sleep. I have said before about how much I love reading and I am enjoying making time for that again. I am currently reading The Cosy Teashop in the Castle and it’s an easy read, but I am really enjoying it. However, it does make me want to have cake at bed time!
October is going alright in terms of finances. We seem to be spending more than I would like every month, but still balancing it out at the moment. I bought Frugal Baby some new shoes this week and he does look cute in them. He’s walking around properly now and has grown out of his cruiser shoes. We also have our car tax to pay for this month. We always pay for the full year in one go, so that is £130.
I’m currently working on something new, in relation to The Frugal Cottage. I mentioned recently that I wanted things to change around here slightly. Well, I’m working behind the scenes to make that happen andI will reveal all soon enough. I am excited about it all as I have so many plans for this little place of mine, it’s just making time for everything. Trying to balance all aspects is hard and time management needs to get better.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Watching Frugal Baby plod around the living room
2) Seeing him explore the world and finding out new things
3) Being able to go to such nice places in the UK within driving distance from us
4) Options orange hot chocolate has been a life saver this week
5) Our family; we would be lost without them.
3 blog posts I’ve enjoyed reading this week:
1) Creative Countryside Is Evolving by Creative Countryside. I’m so excited to read about Eleanor’s latest venture; I know it’s going to be great!
2) Lamb Kofte with Arabic Rice by Reduced Grub. This looks so tasty and it’s so cheap as well.
3) Passive Income And Core Personal Expenses for September 2016 by Mr Free at 33 I love reading income and expense reports. Jason is back with his new blog so it’s great to be able to read about his progress again.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
Follow me on: