I’ve had a lovely week this week. It started with us spending some time with my parents – it’s always nice to see them. I also did a car boot last weekend and I got £53 for some of my stuff which I was pleased with. The rest of the things I didn’t sell have been taken to the charity shop so I’ve done some decluttering too. Bonus!
Also, as I’m writing this post, I’ve got a lemon drizzle cake in the oven which is making the house smell really good. There’s nothing like some homemade cake cooking in the oven to make me feel content with life. Of course, I also get to eat it in a bit, which is good! Making a lemon drizzle cake was one of my aims for this month, so I can tick that off the list. When I make something, I always wonder why I don’t bake more often!
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) I spent some time with my in-laws this week and they treated me to lunch out one day which was nice. They’re such kind people.
2) Various people offering to drive me/us places this week – takes the pressure off a bit. This was in last week’s list too but it has been the same for this week.
3) I went shopping to York for the day which was lovely. What a beautiful town that is. It’s quite a drive from where we live but it was worth it.
4) Having two really cuddly cats; they’ve been snuggled up with me on the sofa lots of times this week. I love their happy, sleepy faces when they’re snoozing.
5) Family has played a big part of this week and I’m so happy and grateful to belong to two happy (most of the time) families.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Beet, Goat Cheese and Honey Tarts by How Sweet It Is. The pictures of this meal look divine and I’ve added it to the “things I need to make and eat soon” list.
2) How To Get More Freelance Writing Clients by Budget Blonde via Frugal Rules. A informative post about how to gain more freelance work, especially when starting out.
3) Behind The Scenes of a Happy Frugal Marriage by Frugal Woods. A lovely post about their money work for them in their marriage. The comments are interesting to read too.
4) Why If Buying Something Cost Years Off Your Life? by Budget Bloggess. A thought-provoking read about if things you bought shortened your life by varying degrees depending on the item. Interesting stuff!
5) Baked Camembert in a Box with Chilli Pepper Jelly by Lavender and Lovage. I only just found this site recently but this recipe is yet another to “must make soon and eat” list. How inviting is the first picture?
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
- The Trap of More – a post about consumerism and how it’s tempting at times to buy things to impress others and how hard it is once you’re in the trap of buying more.
- 10 Random Facts About Me – a few things about me that I thought might be interesting to read.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!