I’m so glad this week is over! I’m finally on a break from work for a bit and I can’t wait to have some relaxing time to do whatever I like. This week has gone incredibly slowly though, mainly because I’ve been waiting for the weekend.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) My lovely husband doing some the gardening. I love having a garden but I really don’t enjoy doing the gardening so that it is nice. I’m grateful that he has done it so I don’t have to!
2) I met a colleague’s son this week who’s just turned one and what a cutie he was. Made us all laugh in the office and was a lovely surprise to a mundane afternoon.
3) Fresh mint in the garden which smells so fresh when you walk past it. I’ve drunk a lot of lemon and mint water this week!
4) Having a BBQ with family and enjoying hearing about their news.
5) I’ve had my hair cut this week which is normally every 6 months (!) but you get a “free” head massage whilst they wash your hair. Lovely. Plus, my hair looks nice and tidy now.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Building A Snowball by Dividend Mantra. A good post using the analogy of a snowball to demonstrate accumulation of wealth.
2) There’s Always A Reason Not To Invest by Mom and Dad Money. As someone who has yet to take the plunge into investing, this was an interesting and helpful read.
3) How Much Does It Cost To Keep A Cat by Budget Breakaway. A good post about the costs of keeping a pet and as someone who owns two cats, an interesting read. Plus a cute picture at the top!
4) Creating A Positive Mental Attitude: 3 Ways To Save by Money Smart Guides. 3 easy and straightforward steps on how to save more. A useful guide for anyone, especially for those start out.
5) June 2014 Monthly Income Report by Pat Flynn. Pat is someone who’s blog I’ve read for a long time and, as per usual, am in awe with the numbers posted for his monthly income report. If I could make 1/10th of what Pat makes a month, I’d be more than happy.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– How Our Budget Works + A Free Budget Template – a post all about our household budget, plus two different budget templates for you to use.
– I’ve Received An Award – a post about the Liebster Award nomination and my answers.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!