I am so glad this week is over. It has gone so slowly even though each day has been busy! Also, what is going on with the weather in the UK? It’s been sunny and then torrential rain. It’s supposed to be summer! I managed to have 5 NSDs this week, as I didn’t need to spend on anything during the week, which is fantastic.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) The sunshine. When the weather has been lovely this week, I’ve been sat outside in the garden enjoying the sunshine.
2) Fresh salads and fruit. We’ve been eating lighter things this week and I’ve really enjoyed it.
3) Lemon, ginger and mint infused water; I’ve made this a lot this week and it’s so refreshing. Just put a couple of slices of lemon, ginger and a few leaves of mint (we have some growing in the garden) and top up with cold water. Yum!
4) The fantastic family I have around me; I can always count on them. I know that not everybody has this, so I’m extremely grateful that I do.
5) Clotted cream ice cream. It’s just so. good.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Why Most Bloggers Fail #5 by CNA Finance. An interesting post about guest posting on blogs and how to go about that. Lots of tips about how to get people to accept your posts!
2) The Envelope System Day 1 by The Weight of Debt. I’ve read about this system before and Bre is just starting out. It’ll be interesting to see what she makes of it!
3) Getting Out of the Yo-Yo Habit of Savings by Money Stepper. A good post about creating a savings habit that will last and why it works.
4) Look In The Mirror | You’re To Blame! by CNA Finance. Another post from the same site but it’s such a good post! An example of why a positive mindset is absolutely key to success and what it can mean when you don’t.
5) Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownie Layer Cake by Life, Love and Sugar. I came across this post by accident when searching for something else, but oh man, I’m so glad I did. I only wish that chocolate, peanut butter and cookie dough didn’t have calories so I could eat this; for now I’ll just look at the screen with awe.
And, in case you missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– How To Make A Budget – a step by step post on what a budget is and how to make one.
– 3 Easy Ways To Stick To A Budget – once you’ve got your budget sorted, here are 3 easy ways to make sure you stick to it.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!