Happy Sunday everyone! I have taken a somewhat unplanned break from The Frugal Cottage. We’ve been on our first little family holiday this past week, so I had a break from blogging and focused on some quality time. We went to Center Parcs at Whinfell Forest and we’ve had such a lovely time. The Frugal Baby enjoyed being in the pool and we went on some walks with him in his carrier. In fact, I was quite sad to leave on Friday; we are definitely going to go there again 🙂
February has been a bit of a hit and miss month in terms of finances. I’ll go into more detail on my February round up post tomorrow, but I have lost my financial mojo a bit at the moment. I’m not sure why? Going away means we’ve spent more than usual but it was budgeted for months ago. I haven’t particularly been spending a lot the rest of the month, so I don’t really know what’s going on. I think the reduced income is beginning to show a bit. Anyway, March is going to be better!
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) The Frugal Baby is continuing to love his solids; porridge for breakfast is a firm favourite.
2) Taking the Frugal Baby swimming and seeing his face as he’s learning a new skill.
3) Having time to make a banana loaf and having some fresh from the oven. Yum!
4) Me and Mr FC had a date night whilst we were away which was lovely.
5) The continued support of family and friends; we are so grateful and lucky for those who surround us.
3 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Uniform, Part 3 by Un Fancy. She’s back! And a great post to boot about a casual uniform with a capsule wardrobe.
2) No-Bake Terry’s Chocolate Orange Tart by Jane’s Patisserie. I made this to take on holiday with us and it was a big hit!
3) Why Money is the Most Important Topic Imaginable by Catherine Alford. A slightly controversial post but an important one, none the less.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about recently:
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!