Happy Sunday everyone! The weeks continue to fly by, mainly in a sleep deprived state as The Frugal Baby is still waking up every hour during the night. I don’t really know why he’s taken to doing that but I’m hoping he gets about of this habit sooner rather than later. I miss sleep! Apart from that, life has been relatively quiet since the holidays. My maternity leave is flying by though, too fast really
The start of February has been alright as a starting point. I’m up to 5 No Spend Days so far, which is good although I think that perhaps February might prove to be a more expensive month than I’d planned for. I’ll have to be very careful during the week with spending, as it’s too easy to slip into bad habits! I’ve also found not eating the junk food that I’m used to has been hard and I’m craving lots, but saying no so far… I’m hoping I’ll be able to manage all month, but we’ll see. I do feel better when I cut out the rubbish; it’s just having the will power to stay the course.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) We’ve started The Frugal Baby on solids and he’s loving it!
2) Had lunch with a couple of the mum I met at swimming which was really nice.
3) Having some me-time at the pool, followed by a relax in the jacuzzi.
4) I watched The Hobbit during the week with a cup of tea; lovely bit of down time.
5) The continued support of family and friends; we are so grateful and lucky for those who surround us.
3 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Terry’s Chocolate Orange Truffles by Jane’s Patisserie. How amazing do these look?! Perfect for a homemade gift for someone.
2) January 2016 Online Income Report by From Aldi to Harrods. Emma is killing it in the income section! I can only hope to be posting numbers like this one day.
3) Net Worth Nightmare by Budgets Are Sexy. A big drop in net worth must be scary, though I’m sure J. Money will just keep on going, as he always does.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!