This week has been a quiet one for us; Mr FC has been back at work so I’ve spent most of the week at home spending some quality time with DS. He is changing everyday and his personality is beginning to shine through. He is smiling and gurgling now, which makes my heart so full. I cannot believe how much such a small person has changed our lives, so much for the better. I’m going to take him to his first swimming lesson tomorrow, which I’m hoping he likes, though as he doesn’t particularly like having a bath, it may be a tricky first lesson…! Today we’re spending time with Mr FC’s family, and I’m hoping to make a banana loaf with some over-ripe bananas languishing in the fruit bowl. Perfect Sunday, in my book.
November continues to be a bit hit and miss, money-wise, as I’m now up to 6 No Spend Days for the month so far. That isn’t great, considering we’re half way through the month. We don’t have much planned for the upcoming week so I should be able to get at least 3 NSDs, if not 4 or 5 in the next few days. I’m going to continue researching and looking at potential Christmas presents for various family members; I expect I’ll end up doing most of our holiday shopping online as shopping with a baby just isn’t that practical. It’ll be much easier just to order everything and it arrive in the post.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Happy, gurgling smiles from DS; it’s so adorable.
2) Having a friend from uni come to visit; it was nice to have a catch up.
3) Having some me-time at the pool, followed by a relax in the jacuzzi.
4) I’ve listened to Hello by Adele a lot this week, love it.
5) The continued support of family and friends; we are so grateful and lucky for those who surround us.
3 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) The Skint Dad Give Back Is Coming by Skint Dad. Love this idea! When I finally get into making an income online, I hope to do something similar.
2) UK Dividend Champions November 2015 by Dividend Life. An informative read about dividend increases and decreases.
3) Return by Creative Countryside. She’s back! A beautifully written post and explanation of absence.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!