Another week is over and I am so glad. The end of the week signals the start of my maternity leave, which I’m really looking forward to. I should have about three weeks to myself to get our house sorted, do some batch cooking for the freezer, stock pile some items and have a relax! As the time ticks away I get more excited and nervous at the same time; who knows how life will really change over the next month. We already have more things in our house, such as the pram, car seat, nursery full of things, plus lots of tiny outfits ready for a little person to fill. I don’t think we’ve gone too overboard with buying items; in fact we haven’t spent too much at all.
Money-wise, July has continued relatively well, though I have had a couple of spend days this week which were unplanned. I’m now up to 11 No Spend Days so slightly behind target now. In fact, if I’m not careful, I won’t meet my target of 20 NSDs for July! Today will be a NSD as we’re away this weekend so it means more spending; we’ll need to buy some food for a start. But, me and Mr FC are making the most of it just being the two of us and are having a little break away whilst we can.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Having an experiment with our new-to-us camera (bought second hand); looking forward to taking lots of baby photos!
2) Seeing family who I haven’t seen for over a year; had a nice catch up with them over some good food.
3) Finishing work and receiving some lovely gifts and cards.
4) Spending the weekend away with Mr FC.
5) Fresh mango chunks seem to be the fruit of choice at the moment – so refreshing!
4 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) A Slow Approach To The Online World by Creative Countryside. As someone who struggles to switch off, this was a great read.
2) June 2015 Income and Traffic Report by Just A Girl and Her Blog. The biggest month ever for Abby – continuing to be an inspiration to us all.
3) Tomato and Olive Salsa by Frugal Feeding. A lovely, fresh looking salad which would be a great accompaniment to a BBQ this summer.
4) 9 New Simple Living Blogs I Highly Recommend by Becoming Minimalist. As someone who is continuing down the simple living path, it’s always good to find other blogs to read on the topic.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!