This week has, thankfully, been one of little excitement and generally ordinary. Nothing spectacular has happened; we’ve just been at work all week. This weekend has seen us spend time with family and friends, enjoying the weather and good company. Another week for bump to grow and another week closer to the due date, which is exciting! We attended our first antenatal class this week, which talked about the process of labour and the different kinds of pain relief available during that process. It suddenly felt very real, and somewhat scary, but we are so looking forward to the next chapter in our lives.
Money-wise, June has started off much better than May had been. I’m currently at 5 NSDs for June, with hopefully another five to gain during the next week. With some more careful planning, I am hopeful to meet my NSD, and hopefully smash it out of the park! We shall see. After doing more calculations and forecasts, I seem to have got my motivation back for money saving, which was sadly lacking in May. Does anyone else find that happening? I do great some months, and then motivation disappears and it never goes as well! I’ve been looking at our overall budget, to see if we can cut down on our everyday spends. Things such as broadband, tv and mobiles are all getting looked at; have you seen that Sky TV is considering a price hike?
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Some relatives have bought us a couple of paintings for the nursery, which are lovely and bright.
2) Walking in the sunshine at the weekend with our nearest and dearest.
3) First antenatal class attended which was interesting and horrifying in equal measure!
4) Sweet potato wedges cooked with spices and coconut oil – my new favourite thing to eat.
5) Chocolate hobnobs with a cup of tea to finish the day off; perfect.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) May Traffic & Blog Income Report by Retired By 40. I love reading about traffic and stats, and Gretchen is proving that hard work and perseverance does indeed pay off.
2) Dividend Income Update – May 2015 by Dividend Mantra. The more I read about dividend investing, the better idea it seems.
3) Just Do You by Budgets Are Sexy. A timely reminder about not caring what other people think.
4) May 2015 Financial Update by Root of Good. Impressively low spending this month by Justin and his family.
5) Seasonal Living: June by Creative Countryside. Lots of great ideas here for the month of June.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
This post contains a sponsored link.