I don’t know about anyone else, but this week has gone incredibly slowly for me. Every day seems to have dragged massively and the week as a whole seemed to plod on by. However, it has been a week that has seen no unusual surprises for us, which we should be grateful for. It has been colder in our part of the UK this week so evenings have been spent on the sofa, cuddling the cats for warmth instead of turning the heating on.
In other, exciting news, we’ve finally got our new-to-us car! It is much bigger than our other car (which we will be selling ASAP) so it’ll take some getting used to, but it is lovely. It’s a higher spec than our other car, so that’ll be a nice treat when I drive to work in it on Monday. It’ll be interesting to see if our petrol spends/consumption goes up significantly as it’s a bigger car. I’m hoping not, but we shall see. I do know one thing that will be more expensive for our new car and that’s the tyres – they’re much bigger and more robust. I’ve been looking at Tyre Shopper and National Tyres to get some information about the cost of new tyres, so we can budget accordingly.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) I’m loving Marks and Spencers Orange and Mango juice drink (which I posted about on Instagram) – it’s very refreshing and tasty.
2) I’ve got some wild fig tea light candles at the moment and they smell divine.
3) I have bought the first outfit for our little bump, and it’s so tiny and cute, I can hardly deal with it.
4) I made a homemade banana and peanut butter loaf this week, which was great to have at work as a snack.
5) A girlie day out in York with some old uni friends was a lovely start to the weekend.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) What is seasonal living? by Creative Countryside. I’m trying to eat more seasonal foods and this post came at the perfect time.
2) “I Want to Create Passive Income But Don’t Know Where To Start” – Part I by Afford Anything. Something I’ve been looking into recently is passive income, so this was a helpful post to read.
3) How To Be A Successful Freelancer by Well Kept Wallet. My recent reads are all focusing around the same thing – side hustles – so this was a helpful post as well.
4) Keys To Surviving and Thriving with a Freelance Income by Club Thrifty. It’s always interesting and reassuring to hear from people who are actually living the dream that it’s possible to do.
5) Moving On From Badass by Our Next Life. A very thought provoking post about being lucky and grateful about where life has given us so far.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– How To Have A Digital Declutter – how to simplify your digital life.
– How To Save Money On Your Pets – how to ensure your furry favourites aren’t costing you a fortune.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
This post contains sponsored links.