This past week has been lovely; I’ve been off work and it has been great! I have spent some time with family, had a catch up with an old friend and pottered around the house without any reason to rush. If only it was holiday time all the time! The weather has also suddenly got warm where I live, so it seems like summer in on the way. Though, after looking at the weather forecast, the lovely sunshine is set to end today.
I mentioned recently that our oven had broken. Well, we’ve got a new one. It’s pretty similar to our old oven, but it has windows in the doors so I can see into the oven. Little things and all that. It cost us quite a lot in the end, but i’m hoping it’ll last us a good 10 years, if not more. I’m looking forward to doing more baking in the oven – our old one was really temperamental in terms of temperature so baked goods didn’t always turn out very well. Here’s to a new oven that works!
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Family time, ending with a slow cooked beef stew and crumble.
2) Having some time just for me, which is unusual when work is in full swing.
3) Waking up to sunshine. Something about the sun makes you feel better.
4) Having a catch up with an old friend – it was lovely to see her.
5) New oven – it’s so shiny.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) My Monthly Income Report – March 2015 by Pat Flynn. Every time this guy posts an income report, it just leaves me in awe. I mean, look at the numbers! I wish he’d take on a mentee 😉
2) March 2015 Traffic and Income Report by Just a Girl and Her Blog. Another income report by an online persona. I keep taking notes in the hopes that I will be able to write my own income report soon – watch this space!
3) Cheap Meals From Leftovers by Frugaldom. This little potato cakes look so tasty!
4) 52 Side Jobs You Can Start Today by Club Thrifty. A great list of side jobs to make you money – it’s given me things to think about.
5) Fennel and Chilli Roasted Chickpeas by Frugal Feeding. A healthy and tasty snack on a budget, what’s not to love.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– The Frugal Cottage Is Expanding – a post sharing our news with you.
– How To Streamline Your Finances – making your finances work better for you.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!