This week has been a little odd. I have been off work ill during the week – I felt really nauseous and dizzy, combined with an aching body, so spent two days mainly in bed. Sleeping it off did make me feel better, though I’ve been under the weather all week; I don’t think I’ve made it to 10pm at all this week! So, I feel like I’ve missed half the week and felt like I’ve just been catching up all week. Hopefully whatever it was has passed now.
January continues to be positive, money-wise. I am now up to 16 NSDs, and we’ve both been careful with spending. I do feel like January is an easier month to reign in the spending, as December seems so frivolous in comparison. It’s the start of a new year so I want to do well with our aims, and money plays a big part in that.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) I know I put something similar last week, but my Saturday morning lie in. It really does refresh the mind and body.
2) Daft text conversation with my girlfriends – they make me smile.
3) I may have eaten my first Creme Egg of the year this week – so good!
4) Family time – we went for a walk and lunch with my parents and it was lovely.
5) Work colleagues that I can have a laugh with – it really does make a difference to morale.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Frugal Friends and Where To Find Them by Mr 1500 over at Frugal Woods. I want to find more people with similar mindsets to ours, so this was an interesting read.
2) How I made $2,145 Last Month by Decluttering by Christian PF. An impressive total by decluttering your home.
3) My Style of Frugal Living by Debt Free Martini. A great post about making the right choices for your lifestyle.
4) 6 Lies That Broke People Believe by The Frugal Farmer. A very interesting and humbling post.
5) What it Cost Us to Own Our Home Last Year + A Question I Ask Myself Every Morning by Budgets are Sexy. A post highlighting the true cost of owning a home.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– Why Failure Is An Option – a post about why not succeeding is actually a good thing.
– Money Confession: I Don’t Use Reward Credit Cards – not a very pf blogger thing to do!
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!