Another week is over – how crazy is it that we’re almost at the end of June?!
This week has been really busy work wise, so I’ve been putting in some quite long days. It’ll all be worth it in the long run, but it has meant that I haven’t seen my husband as much as I’d like, and I’ve been out of the house a lot. But, on the plus side, this means I haven’t been able to spend any money as I’ve been so busy! Need to find the silver lining somewhere, right? 😉
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Someone gave me a posy of sweet peas which are now sat in a little jug in the kitchen and they smell divine and look so pretty. Little things like fresh flowers make such a difference to a room.
2) My husband did lots of jobs around the house this week whilst I’ve been out so much, which I’ve really appreciated.
3) Homemade scone with whipped cream and homegrown strawberries. Yum.
4) Sharing a chai tea latte with a friend and having a catch up. Sometimes spending a little money and spending time with others makes a big difference to my moral. Definitely worth it.
5) Having cuddles with the cats. As I’ve been out of the house more this week, they’ve been much more affectionate whilst I’ve been at home. My little family makes me so happy – I don’t need anything else.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) This post by Creative Countryside. Having a stress free life is definitely something I’m trying to achieve as it’s better for my health and it means life will be more enjoyable. A great post about how to relieve stress.
2) This post by Young House Love. Their house is just beautiful and these pictures of their family sitting and enjoying time together make me smile.
3) This post by Michelle at Making Sense of Cents. I love the fact that they went on a spontaneous road trip and the pictures from it are gorgeous. I’d love to do that one day with my husband – we shall see!
4) This post by Dividend Mantra. Fitness is something both me and my husband are trying to get better at, and this post is an interesting read about how to make sure you are getting exercise but the frugal way.
5) This post by Pinch of Yum. These little no bake fruit pizzas would be a great idea to take on a picnic or make for a pudding at a BBQ. Plus they look beautiful.
And, in case you missed the, the topics I have posted about this week are:
– Why we’re (sort of) paying off our mortgage early. A post about our thoughts on early repayments and what our plan is for our mortgage.
– Why an Emergency Fund is important. A post about our Emergency Fund and why I think it’s important to have one.
Have you got any plans for the weekend? What have you enjoyed reading this week? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!