What a lovely week it has been for us. We have spent time with family and friends, we have had some lovely gifts given to us by others, and lots of food has been eaten. I got to spend Christmas Day with my parents and grandparents, and then we spent Boxing Day with my husband’s family. It is at times like these that I do truly feel grateful and blessed for what we have. It is days like these that cement my belief that the simple things – love, family, time – is truly what we should treasure as these things make life so much more worthy. On Christmas Day, during the evening, we were sat there around the fire, sipping drinks and just talking and reminiscing. It really was perfect.
This next week will be mainly be focused on getting our house back to normal, finding places for the gifts we’ve received and looking forward to the new year that is ahead. I am going to spend some time looking over budgets and finalising ours, then looking at where we can make some cut backs so we can make the best use of our money. I’m also going to be look at our 2015 aims and make a start of those!
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Christmas Day with the family – it really was the perfect day.
2) Christmas Dinner – yum! Turkey with all the trimmings, followed by Christmas Pudding and white sauce.
3) Festive candles that smell gorgeous and add to the whole atmosphere.
4) We have received some wonderful gifts which include some tickets to see a play – more memories to create which I’m very excited about.
5) Time off to relax and charge the batteries – nothing like slowing down and taking stock over this time.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Kale & Roasted Squash Soup by Yes To Yolks. This soup looks like the perfect meal for a cold evening.
2) Chicken and Chorizo Risotto by The Crazy Kitchen. Again, another comforting meal for a cold evening. I love the process of making a risotto, it is quite therapeutic.
3) 66 Simple Ways to Save Money [Infographic] at Debt Roundup. A simple yet very informative infographic which is easy to read and digest.
4) We Actually Did It: Our Very Minimalist Christmas by Budget Blonde. What a fantastic post and mindset of this lady – when we have children I’m definitely going to keep this is mind.
5) Why I Almost Stopped Blogging by Lisa Vs. The Loans. An honest post about the struggles of a PF blogger.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– My Top 10 Posts of 2014 – a roundup of the most popular posts of 2014.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!