I have been off work this week and what a difference it makes to morale. Knowing that I don’t have to get up at 6:45am every morning and make my way to work for the day is such a good feeling; I like my job but it’s hard going at times so I’m glad of the break. I go back on Monday and will be nice and refreshed for the run up to Christmas.
Me and my husband have been away for a mini break this week, as he managed to get some time off too. We had a lovely stay in a cosy B&B and went on a couple of walks and ate some fantastic food. In fact, food this week has been rather indulgent so I haven’t lost any weight this week. I do find it easier to eat healthier when I’m at work and busy!
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Not setting the alarm! It is nice to wake up naturally for a change, rather than with a jolt when my alarm goes off in a morning.
2) We went to a local wildlife park and saw lots of animals – I love wildlife so it was a good day out.
3) Spending time with family – as I’ve had more time it’s been nice to see family members and have a catch up.
4) I had some mulled wine this week after a long, cold walk and it was delicious. I don’t really drink but I was tempted by this!
5) Yesterday we drove to a nearby town and I had possibly the best brownie I’ve ever eaten. I wish mine tasted like that!
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) 6 Financial and Emotional Reasons to Reconsider Early Retirement by Luke 1428. As lots of people in the PF realm aim for early retirement, this was an interesting read.
2) Lincoln Sausage Festival by Creative Countryside. A post full of mouth-watering pictures – this will make you feel hungry!
3) Moroccan Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Soup by Half Baked Harvest. As the weather begins to get colder and darker, this soup looks perfect!
4) 11 Frugal Hacks to Stay Warm and Save Money This Winter by Frugal Woods. A good post with tips on keeping heating costs lower.
5) You are CRAZY If You Are NOT Doing This On Your Blog by Adrienne Smith. Building a community and being personal on your blog will help you massively, as this post points out.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– The Pros and Cons of Loyalty Cards – a post about loyalty cards and the traps I fell into with them.
– October 2014: A Month In Review – a recap of how our aims went in October.
– November Aims – a brand new month means new aims!
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!