Yet another week has gone by, and it has been quite an intense week this week. I spent Tuesday morning at Accident and Emergency after hurting my arm at home, and have spent the rest of week at home, in pain and trying to rest as much as possible! What has been really frustrating is that although I’m at home, I’m not ill and would rather be getting on with things but physically can’t.
In terms of eating healthy, the start of the week went really well but I’ve struggled since not being able to really do any homemade cooking. But, I have had things like crackers with hummus and cheese, salad and soups, so not all bad.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) A work colleague has been very supportive this week which has been lovely and very reassuring.
2) I watched Billy Elliot whilst sat on the sofa trying not to move; I love that film.
3) Anyone else watching The Great British Bake Off? I’m looking forward to the final this week!
4) Chocolate cheesecake from Lidl – SO good. Just what I needed this week.
5) A lazy Saturday. The weather was awful so we just stayed inside and didn’t do much at all, which is sometimes all that is needed.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Morrisons to being price matching Aldi and Lidl by Money Saving Expert. As someone who shops at Morrisons, I shall be watching out for this with interest!
2) Redefine Your “Normal” by Saving Money In Your Twenties. As someone who has posted about this before, following trends isn’t always a good thing.
3) “Will I Ever Stop Feeling Guilty About Spending Money?” by Leah Manderson. I sometimes struggle with actually spending money on myself or treating us to something, so this was an interesting read.
4) Autumn Acai Bowls with Vanilla Bean Cashew Butter by How Sweet Eats. Anything with vanilla bean in catches my eye, and vanilla bean cashew butter sounds SO good.
5) Freedom Fund Update – October 2014 by Dividend Mantra. Even with a slightly decrease in value, yet another sound month for Jason and his freedom fund.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– September 2014: A Month In Review – a post about how September went for us and whether we met our aims or not.
– October Aims – a post about what we hope to achieve in October.
– The September Cash Challenge Recap – a reflective post about how the September Cash Challenge went and what I will take from it.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!