Oh my goodness me, this week has been insane. In a good way insane, but seriously, where does the time go?! The days have gone by so fast, in a blur of work and home, and I’m hoping the rest of the year does not go by this fast. We’ve seen family and friends this week, and it’s been lovely.
I’ve lost another lb this week, which is continuing on one of my aims for September. I have to be careful though, as if I get tired through the week, I’m more likely to want to have sugar-y/chocolate-y treats and it can be my downfall! But, all going well so far.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) My Saturday morning lie in. This is the same as last week, as having some time to sleep and catch up on rest makes me feel so much better.
2) Having a catch up with some girls from uni. Not seen them in ages and had a lovely day with them.
3) Receiving texts from people asking me how I am; it makes me feel appreciated that someone has taken the time to send a message.
4) Having a friend to stay this weekend and having some girl time. Important!
5) Our home; it’s been lovely to come home after a long day at work and I’ve been grateful for the house we live in. It might not be everyone’s ideal home, but it is ours and I love it.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) You Don’t Know Jack (and Neither Do I) by Laurie at The Frugal Farmer. A timely post about life and it’s struggles (perceived or otherwise). A great read.
2) Stuff Our Parents Never Taught Us, Part V: Investing by No More Waffles. An interesting perspective on financial parenting.
3) You Aren’t Frugal Enough! by Frugaling. There’s always someone in life who thinks you’re not doing enough. Are they right? An interesting post.
4) Cake of the Month – Blackberry Crumble Muffins by The Quince Tree. As blackberries come into season in the UK, these definitely look tasty.
5) Roasted Chicken Ramen by How Sweet Eats. This looks so simple and clean looking, but I bet it tastes divine. On the list of things to make.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– 5 Things That Make Me Stressed – a post about things that make me stressed and why – please tell me you agree!
– 5 Easy Ways To Reduce Stress – a follow up post which shows how I’m trying to deal with stress and hopefully some helpful tips for you to use.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!