The first of September is done! It has gone pretty quickly for us which is good. Although it’s been a standard week as we’ve both been at work, nothing unusual has happened which is always good!
I’ve lost a lb this week, which is a good start on my September aims. I’ve tried to be good in terms of not snacking and eating salad for lunch. It has been okay so far. The only time when I find it hard is when I get to around 3pm and I start to feel hungry and tired; I’d usually reach for a biscuit or something, but I’m managing with just a drink to keep me going. I hope I can keep this up!
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) My Saturday morning lie in. After a busy week at work, how I appreciate a lie in to catch up on some sleep.
2) Cats that join me for my lie in! We keep our cats downstairs at night but my husband let them up early. They came and snuggled in next to me which was lovely.
3) Some lovely moments at work meeting various new people.
4) I finished the book Gone Girl and it was fantastic! I’m looking forward to seeing the film.
5) Spending time with family at a birthday meal. Lovely food and good company; nothing beats it.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Falling Off The Meal Plan Wagon by Financial Diffraction. I also make sure our meals during the week can be prepped fast as I’m tired. Good post!
2) August 2014 Financial Update by Root of Good. I love reading financial updates from other bloggers and this one is no difference! Justin has had a great month.
3) Dividend Income Update – August 2014 by Dividend Mantra. The king of dividend income posts his income for August. Very inspiring.
4) New editions to MaggsLondon.co.uk by Hannah Maggs – I love these make up bags and have been eyeing them up for a while. I’m in need of a new one as the last one I bought was about 15 years ago! Very pretty and by a lovely hard working mum too.
5) August 2014 Expenditures by Frugal Woods. I love expense posts as I can compare our own spending to others to see where we’re at. Plus, Frugal Hound makes an appearance!
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– September Aims – what I’m hoping to achieve this month. Here’s hoping for a 100% pass rate!
– The September Cash Challenge – how I plan to do my grocery shopping this month. Want to join me?
– Foodie Friday: Lemon Drizzle Cake – my cake of the month so far. So easy and delicious!
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!