I’m so excited! I have been wanting to publish an online course for a long time, but to be quite honest, have been bit hesitant about the whole process.
I wanted to make sure it was on a subject I could write about well, one that I use in our everyday life and one that can make a impact quickly so that students could implement the information straight away and start saving money.
When I sat down and thought about it, and what brings people here to The Frugal Cottage, a lot of the time it is related to food. How to reduce food spends or how to live more simply. One of the most popular posts here is how to start meal planning. So, something around food seemed like the next step.
So, introducing the Reduce Your Food Spend course!
This course all about reducing your food spend and minimising food waste in the process. What is included in the course:
- how to organise your kitchen so that you know exactly what you have. This is to help you rotate your food supplies, how to build a stockpile if you haven’t got one already and then to keep track of what’s in there!
- An easy way to think of different meal ideas for each week. There are various methods and I talk through my favourite ones.
- A meal plan and shopping list printable, for you to print out and use each week.
- How to eat in season to help you maximise your savings
- Freezing meals and how to rotate so you have a stash of “ready meals” in stock.
- Using cheaper meats and slow cooking to save money on electricity as well
- How to incorporate reduced items into your meal plan to make the most of the bargains
- An exemplar meal plan for a week plus shopping list to get you started
- A private Facebook group for help, support, suggestions and advice
The course is meant to be completed in an evening, so that you are armed with the information quickly so it can be put into practice. There are free printables included in the course to help you as well. A meal planner which you can use to plan your weekly menu plus a shopping list attached so you can write your list as you go. You can then just cut this out and take it food shopping with you. There is also a spending diary printable, so you can write down any money you spend on food during the week!
The course has gone live this morning! It is priced at £18 to begin with, as an introductory price. You can work through the course at your own pace, but I don’t think it should take too long. This includes filling in the printable pdfs too!
If you want to have a look at the course and enrol, then click here:
I’m so excited about this – I hope you are too!
Follow me on: