I love the fact that Christmas is on its way, and we are planning on putting our decorations up this weekend. I cannot wait to see Frugal Baby’s reaction to the tree; he was far too young last year to appreciate the fact that anything was going on, so it should be a lot different this year.
However, Christmas decorations can be really expensive, particularly if you have a lot of rooms in your house. Just have a look at this and how much it is! There are so many different things you can buy, but it doesn’t have to be this way.
I thought I would put together some frugal and thrifty DIY Christmas craft/decoration ideas. Now, I have to say straight away that I am not crafty or creative in any way. That gene definitely passed me by. I can’t even draw stick men properly! So, I have had a look around for some great ideas and kits to make some DIY Christmas decorations. Hopefully next year me and Frugal Baby will be doing some of these together 🙂 I have included some food items, as I think that getting in the kitchen and baking should be in the mix somewhere.
1. Glittering Popsicle Stick Christmas Trees – how cute are these? They look very straight forward, and if having the excuse to eat some ice lollies isn’t enough of an incentive to make these, then the sparkly stickers should be!
2. Cookies and Candy Cane Wreath – how amazing is this? I wish I could make something that looked as pretty as this. This could be used year after year as well.
3. Vanilla Christmas Cookies – something edible but homemade. You can also make these so you can hang them on your tree!
4. Holiday Bingo Game – a bit of fun on Christmas Day evening. Who can fill in the board first?
5. Merry Christmas Garland – simple yet very effective. This would look great hanging off the mantlepiece.
6. Christmas Mosaic Bauble Kit – these look like a lot of fun! Messy but fun 🙂 I think Frugal Baby would very much enjoy having this on our tree.
7. Colour In Christmas Tablecloth – if you’ve got lots of children at your house for Christmas Day, then this might provide some fun entertainment when eating Christmas dinner!
8. Christmas Pudding Chocolate Truffles – if someone made me these for Christmas, I’d be so happy. I don’t know if I could get them to look this perfect, but I would give it a good go!
9. Homemade mince pies – because, after all, what is Christmas without a cuppa and a mince pie? 🙂
10. Christmas cookie set – why not make some of your favourite gingerbread biscuits with these? They look so cute!
I am definitely adding some of these to my list of things to do next year; I want to make all the food ones, as I love Christmas foods. I wish I was better at Christmas crafts, though I suppose it’s the taking part that counts! That’s what I tell myself anyway 😉
Are you making any Christmas crafts? I’d love to hear about it!
Follow me on: