Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you’re having a lovely day, whatever you are doing. This week has been quiet for us as we continue to get used to our new routine. It’s still a bit of a shock each morning to be getting up and into work mode, but working three days is definitely a good compromise. The Frugal Baby was looked after by grandparents this week, which I think he enjoyed.
May has started off well in terms of finances. Our bank account is quite low at the moment, but that was always going to be the case as we got towards the end of maternity leave. Our car insurance is due this week as well which is something else to pay for! We pay for the whole year in one go, but it’s bad timing this year. At least it’ll be done for the year!
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Extremely chocolate-ty biscuits from M&S – they’re the best biscuits ever!
2) Seeing the Frugal Baby trying to crawl – he’s so close but can’t quite manage it.
3) He’s also so pleased when I get home from work – it almost makes me leaving him worth it.
4) A hot cup of tea without having to microwave it! I guess this is a perk of being at work.
5) I’ve been reading The Unmumsy Mum which I’m absolutely loving! If you’re a parent, this book will make you howl with laughter at the honest account of being a parent.
3 blog posts I’ve enjoyed reading this week:
1) The #PFbookchat Summer 2016 Reading Selections by Dream Beyond Debt. I love this idea of reading personal finance books and then chatting with likeminded people about them!
2) Roasted carrot, chickpea and garlic soup by Jack Monroe. I’ve been searching for new ways to use up chickpeas and found this – it sounds perfect! It’s going to be on the menu this week.
3) 4 Bad Financial Habits To Break Right Now by Girl Counting Pennies. Some sound financial advice about breaking bad habits.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!