Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you’re having a lovely day, whatever you are doing. This week has been fairly quiet for us; the weather hasn’t been fantastic so me and the Frugal Baby have stayed at home most of the time. We did go for a playdate on Thursday afternoon which was lovely; three babies just sat playing and watching each other is just so cute 🙂
April has started off well in terms of finances. Not going anywhere has its advantages! We’ve also had a new front door fitted this week, which has made our house look so much better, plus it’s better insulated as well. We have started to remove the wallpaper from the stairs but it’s proving slightly trickier than we first thought; the paper seems to have some kind of sticky back to it, so it’s stuck fast to the wall. Hopefully we’ll get some more off today. We are trying to do as much as we can to save money; hiring a decorator to do everything would be quite expensive. I think we’ll need to get someone to help us put lining paper on the walls as neither me or Mr FC has ever wallpapered anything, but we’re going to do the rest of it ourselves. I can’t wait until it’s finished!
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Free food! Me and Mr FC managed to get a free breakfast at a restaurant in town this week which was very nice.
2) The Frugal Baby loves to bounce in his Jumperoo and gets so excited when he’s doing it
3) Making a banana loaf from store cupboard things; very tasty.
4) A friend gave me some flowers as a thank you which have brightened up the living room.
5) The continued support of family and friends; we are so grateful and lucky for those who surround us.
3 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) The One About The TV Show by Income Surfer. The prospect of a tv show to further highlight the journey to FI seems exciting!
2) Why I’ve Been Away For So Long by Creative Countryside. She’s back! And with lots of news too 🙂
3) March 2016 Online Income Report by Single Moms Income. I love reading income reports from bloggers and Alexa is doing great!
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!