I haven’t managed to do a weekend edition post for ages, not since before our son was born, so I’m pleased that I’ve managed to do one this weekend. This week has been quiet for us; Mr FC has been off work so we have made the most of being together as a family. We have travelled to see various family members and even managed an overnight stay for the first time! He’s changing all of the time and continuously growing and his little personality is definitely showing now.
The start of October money-wise has been alright. We’ve had to do a food shop for the upcoming week and needed some house related products, so we have spent a bit, but the next few days should all be NSDs, making a good start to my October aims. I don’t really have any plans either; I have my 8 week post natal check up but that’s about it. Lots of staying indoors and baby cuddles, no doubt.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Happy, gurgling smiles from DS; it’s so adorable.
2) Managing to get down to see my grandparents with DS and they both managed a hold, which was such a special moment.
3) Homemade brownies with a cuppa – nothing better on a miserable day.
4) Seeing some friends who we haven’t seen in months for a good catch up.
5) The continued support of family and friends; we are so grateful and lucky for those who surround us.
3 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Blogging Income Report: How I Made $23,512 With My Blog by Careful Cents. I love reading income reports from bloggers, they’ve very inspiring and this one is no different!
2) Minimalism: A Key to Mental Health as a New Parent by Parent Co. An interesting read and some timely reminders to new parents.
3) Here’s What Life Will Look Like If You Don’t Save Enough by Forbes. A post about preparedness and the need to save from the get go.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!