Another week is over and I am so glad. Each day has seemed to drag massively this week, although I suppose another week is over so it can’t be all bad. I only have one more week at work before I start my maternity leave, which is a bit surreal; I’m hoping to have about nine months off so I won’t be there for a while! I need to remember to clear out my desk at the end of the week though, so that the person who is taking over from me temporarily has some space to put all of their stuff. The majority of the things in the top drawer are snack related plus some decaf coffee – need those snacks on hand to stop me spending during the week 😉
Money-wise, July has continued relatively well, though I have had a couple of spend days this week which were unplanned. I’m now up to 7 No Spend Days so slightly behind target at this stage. However, lots of days still to go so it’ll be fine, I’m sure. Today should also be a NSD as we’re not planning on doing much or going anyway; making the most of the peace and quiet and being able to laze about our house without worrying about something. I’m going to watch the mens final at Wimbledon this afternoon, though I can’t decide who I want to win!
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Lunch out with my mum and husband yesterday; ended with really good chocolate cake.
2) Bought some new sandals and they are the comfiest thing ever.
3) Finishing off the nursery – it’s all done! The only thing that’s missing is a tiny person.
4) Spending the weekend with my parents.
5) Packing mine and bump’s hospital bag; how do people start off so small?! Baby clothes are beyond cute.
3 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) How To Make More Money From Google Adsense by Oh So Amelia. A helpful post about advertising; something I’m about to implement on The Frugal Cottage.
2) The Year I Embraced Minimalism and Completed a Yearlong Shopping Ban by Blonde On A Budget. A fascinating look at a year without spending, plus a twist at the end!
3) Eat Seasonably In July by Creative Countryside. Want to know what’s in season right now? This is the post for you.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!