The weeks seem to pass by quickly now, though the days themselves drag massively. Each day this week has seemed longer than the last, but here we are again at the end of another week, so time needs to slow down slightly! We attended our last antenatal class this week which included a look around the labor ward, so that made things seem very real all of a sudden. I do feel better knowing where I’ll be giving birth and how to get there from our house when the times arrives!
Money-wise, June continues to be a very positive month. I’m currently at 19 NSDs for June, which is one off my target for June. We have made a couple more purchases necessary, but overall, our spending has been low for the month. It seems the more content we are with life in general, the less we feel the need to spend. We do not need more material possessions in our house, nor do they fulfil any need or desire. What matters most is that we continue to plod along with our plans, and prepare ourselves for the future.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Afternoon naps are becoming the norm; they make me feel better after a long day!
2) Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix was on tv last night – love the HP films.
3) Last antenatal class attended and more knowledge and advice received.
4) I had a lovely day out with my Mum yesterday which included lunch out and baby clothes!
5) A chocolate chunk cookie from M&S is the best snack ever, for 60p.
3 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Learn To Save Honey Bees by Country Living. I’ve planted some flowers this year in our garden specifically for honey bees and they seem to like that. A good article and very informative.
2) 5 ways you can save money with a new baby by Quidco. A good read for us, as we’re trying to keep costs down as much as we can.
3) Why I’m Happy I Made The Decision To Leave My High Paying And Secure Job For Blogging by Making Sense of Cents. This decision seems to be the best one, judging by this post by Michelle. It’s nice to hear the positives of working for oneself and that Michelle clearly continues to love what she does!
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
Guest posts wanted! If you are a personal finance blogger or simple living blogger, I’m looking for some guest posts for the months of August and September to help me out as I’ll be quite busy with a new baby. If you are interested, please send me an email!