This week has been crazy busy, so I’m really glad it’s over. Also, how is July already?! I can’t believe we’re over halfway through 2014; there’s so much still to do! I’m hoping work will calm down a bit in the run up to the summer holidays, and I can get more sorted in terms of getting on top of my work load. I’m finding my work/life balance tricky at the moment, so if anyone has any tips to help, I’d be very appreciative of that!
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) I’ve cut some of the roses in our garden to have in a vase in the kitchen which look beautiful. Thanks garden!
2) I’ve had some fantastic moments at work this week, which makes me appreciate my job. It’s hard at times, but it can also be great.
3) A friend at work let me moan about a situation I’m in at the moment and offered some advice on the matter, which was really helpful at the time.
4) My husband’s parents took us out for a meal this week and paid. It was lovely to spend some time with them and they also paid at the end of the meal, which was an unexpected surprise.
5) I managed to stand up for myself in a different situation where it actually wasn’t my responsibility anyway, so I’m pleased with myself for not letting someone else walk all over me.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) This post by Budgets are Sexy. I tweeted this post as well, but I really liked the concept. It’s really easy to become complacent with budgets once you’re comfortable, but you really do need to re-assess and challenge expenses frequently. A fantastic post and very thought-provoking.
2) This post by Michelle on Diversified Finances. I find reading through other people’s plans and how they’re going to achieve things really interesting, and this one is a great read.
3) This post by Lauren at L Bee and the Money Tree. It’s a concept I’m struggling with slightly now that I’m an adult. An interesting read and quite a personal one.
4) This post by Christine at Wealth Way Online. I love reading income reports and Christine is one of the best!
5) This post by See Debt Run. An interesting post on “investments” and what can fall into that category.
And, in case you missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– June 2014: A Month in Review – a post summing up how June when for me and a reflection on my aims for the month.
– July Aims – what I hope to achieve in July
– Why I love living the simple life – a post about why I love living the simple life and why that’s the best kind of life to live.
Have you got any plans for the weekend? What have you enjoyed reading this week? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!