This week has been so much more relaxed compared to last week, which has been a welcome relief. Work has been slightly less hectic, and apart from one day, I have managed to arrive home at a reasonable time and spend some quality time at home with my husband and our two fur babies. Achieving a good life balance is so critical to mental well being, and it has made a difference this week.
March continues to be positive, money wise, but we have had a slightly set back in our plans. Our oven has broken! We have one of the range ones, and the electric fan oven, which is the one we use the most, has decided to pack in. There is a smaller, electric oven but it is very temperamental, so I think we are going to have to look at getting a new oven. The oven was left when we bought the house, and it’s fairly old and be costly to repair. So, I think that just getting a new one will be worth it in the long run. However, ovens are not cheap! I think it’ll be April before we actually get it, but we’ve started the research process and will have to make a decision, sooner or later.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) I am continuing to enjoy reading War Dog by Damien Lewis. A heart warming story about friendship.
2) I’ve recently discovered The Bridge and am obsessed! I’ve just started the second series and love it.
3) A catch up with a girl friend who I haven’t seen in ages – I forget how good friendships can be.
4) Homemade beef chilli nachos with lots of cheese on a Saturday night – yum!
5) Sleepy cat cuddles on a night, just because I’m lucky enough to get them.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Income/Expsenses for February 2015 by Dividend Mantra. I love reading people’s spending for the month.
2) Trips I Plan On Going On In 2015 by FITnancials. I love travelling and reading about other people’s travel plans – this is quite a good list by Alexis.
3) 3 Business Lessons that came with a Price by You & Me Make Cents. Some hard lessons to learn, but an honest post.
4) When Ridiculousness is Ubiquitous by Mr Money Mustache. Another great post by MMM.
5) Making Memories by Creative Countryside. I’ve posted before about making memories, and I like this reflective post.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– Our Ultimate Dream: An Update – a post about our current situation in relation to our financial freedom dream.
– The Working Week Challenge – a new financial challenge for a work, please feel free to join me.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!