In complete contrast to last week, this week has gone by so slowly! Each day seemed to drag and the weekend, though finally here, seemed a million miles away. I have suffered with a cold this week, complete with hacking cough, so that hasn’t helped matters. I’ve been in bed 9pm every night I think! As a counterbalance, we’re having a very relaxing weekend; in fact, we’ve not done much at all. Husband surprised me with some roses and a card for Valentine’s Day and we spent the evening in, watching a film. Nothing extravagant here.
February continues to be positive money-wise. We’re definitely on track in terms of spending and, providing nothing unexpected comes up, I’m feeling hopeful that we’ll meet our aims for the month. Even with a little trip away planned next week, it shouldn’t prove too expensive. I can’t wait to get away now!
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) I’ve finished reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn and it was excellent. I definitely recommend it!
2) I’m now reading A Place Of Secrets by Rachel Hore, which I got for Christmas. Another good read so far.
3) Flowers in the house make it seem as if Spring is on its way; they brighten the place up no end.
4) Homemade chips sprinkled with black pepper and paprika – yum.
5) My husband, for putting up with me whilst I’ve been so grumpy this week because of my cold.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) 5:2 Diet Spiced Moroccan Cauliflower Couscous – Tabbouleh with Halloumi by Lavender and Lovage. This would be a fab side to something!
2) Great Trash Finds: Pretty Things Edition by Frugal Woods. I wish I could find such nice things where we are!
3) Easy Steak Recipe by Freedom 35. This just makes me want steak!
4) A Frugal Romance by Cottage Retreatist. This looks like a tasty meal on a budget!
5) 7 Things I’ve Learned About Money in 7 Years of Blogging by Budgets Are Sexy. Congratulations on 7 years!
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– Life Update #2 – an honest post about how my life is going at the moment.
– How To Find The Right Mortgage For You – looking for a mortgage? Here are some tips to find the best one for you.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!