This past week has gone so quickly! Work has been incredibly busy this week and long days there mean that the evenings seem to fly by, and before you know it, it’s another day at work. We’re at my parents this weekend which is lovely. We haven’t done very much but it’s just nice to spend time with my parents and have a relax.
The start of February has been quite good, money-wise. We haven’t spent too much this week, and apart from ordering a new mattress topper for our bed, we haven’t spent anything out of the ordinary. We could do with a new mattress really, but as we have a lot of things to save for at the moment, a mattress topper will do us for now. It arrived on Friday and it is definitely more comfy than our old one.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) I’m reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn and it’s so good – I want to know the ending!
2) Daft text conversation with my girlfriends – they make me smile.
3) A slice of Victoria Sponge filled with cherry jam and clotted cream – so. good.
4) Family time – we went for a meal with my parents and it was lovely.
5) Sleepy, happy cats. They do make my world better.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Freedom Exists On A Spectrum by Dividend Mantra. Love this post, as it really does encompass the journey and the destination we want.
2) My Biggest Guilty Pleasure I Spend A Lot On Is____? by Budgets Are Sexy. I love seeing what PF bloggers still spend their money on!
3) Final Frontier Of Frugality: My Husband Gave Me A Haircut by Frugal Woods. I don’t think I’d ever let my husband cut my hair, but this looks great!
4) Thai Yellow Curry with Beef and Potatoes by Pinch of Yum. This looks so tasty!
5) 5 Acts of Kindness #1 by Creative Countryside. I love this idea, so simple to implement.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– What Motivates You? – a post about motivation and what motivates me.
– Foodie Friday: Cheeseboard with grapes – a simple, tasty supper idea.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!