Well, this week landed with a bump! Going back to work and getting back into the routine of getting up early, the commute to work, the daily grind and then home again has been difficult to get back into. It makes me wish even more than we could be free from this path – one day! This week has been incredibly busy, with the dark mornings and nights making it even harder; it feels like I don’t even get to see the sunshine during the day as it permanently feels like it’s dark!
However, money wise, January has started out very well. I’m already up to 6 NSDs, and we’ve both been careful with spending. Our car insurance is due on the 18th, so I’ll have a look at that over the next week. We were looking to re-mortgage but the one we were going to try and get has changed its fee from £299 to £1,199….! So we’re going to sit tight for now and keep an eye on things.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) A bacon sandwich on a Saturday morning with a cup of tea – nothing can beat this, ever.
2) The new series of Silent Witness has started and it looks like it’s going to be good!
3) I have finally started to watch Orange Is The New Black (how late am I to that party?) and I absolutely love it. I’ve watched the first series already!
4) We treated ourselves to a takeaway curry last night and it was really good. We don’t do that often so we appreciate it so much more when we do!
5) It sounds simple, but being able to get into a comfortable, warm bed at night. Not everyone gets to do that so I should be grateful that I can.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) January 1st Net Worth Update! by My Alternate Blog. I love reading net worth updates by other PF bloggers – check out Jordann’s here.
2) Income/Expenses For December 2014 by Dividend Mantra. Another type of post I love to read are income/expenses ones.
3) December Goals Update and New January Goals by Making Sense of Cents. Michelle had a great December!
4) Savings Rate for December 2014 by No More Waffles. What an amazing savings rate overall!
5) Dorothy Hartley, Cattern Cakes & Lace and a Victoria Epiphany Tart Recipe by Lavender and Lovage. This tart looks so pretty, almost too good to eat.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– Earn Extra Cash With Streetsport [Guest Post] – my first guest post on this site all about earning extra money!
– Meet The Frugal Cats – the two most important people in our household.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!