The week after Christmas always feels like it’s a getting-back-to-normal week; the leftovers are eaten so we’re no longer eating from cling-film-covered plates from the fridge, the decorations are down and the cards will be recycled today. It definitely is a time of reflection, with the closing of a year and a new one beginning. I must admit I’ve enjoyed some lazy mornings this week, savouring breakfast and taking my time with getting ready, rather than the mad rush it seems to be on a work morning.
This next week will be mainly trying to get back into work without feeling like I’ve been hit with a hypothetical bus. I think that Monday morning will definitely be a shock to the system! Not got up at 6:45am for a long time, or so it seems.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) We went to see the final Hobbit film this week and I loved it – so much action!
2) The final Miranda episode ever – very happy with the outcome, though sad that it is all over.
3) We’re onto the second season of Breaking Bad and am loving it – I know how late we are to that party though….
4) Lazy mornings – wish I had those all of the time.
5) On a 2 hour car journey, I had a big sing-along to myself to a musicals CD, because I’m just that cool.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Here’s To A Frugal & Woodsy 2015 by Frugal Woods. I’m looking forward to seeing where the Frugal Woods journey takes them all in 2015!
2) Classic Mint Chocolate Brownies by Sally’s Baking Addiction. I have a thing for mint chocolate at the moment, and these look divine.
3) Ten reasons to be optimist about Britain in 2015 by The Telegraph. Nothing like a bit of positivity to start the year!
4) Freedom Fund Update – January 2015 by Dividend Mantra. Another excellent update by Jason about his freedom fund progress. Inspiring stuff!
5) So You Want To Get More Organized In 2015 by I Heart Organizing. As someone who is working on becoming more minimalist, I also need to get more sorted. Love this site, it’s one of my favourites.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– December 2014: A Month In Review – reflects on the goals that I set at the beginning of the month.
– A Reflection On 2014 – another year is over! A brief summary of our successes and the not-quite-there moments of 2014.
– 2015 Goals – another year is beginning so another set of goals to work towards!
– January Aims – here’s what I hope to achieve this month.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!