The first weekend in December is done! I love this time of year, and the houses around us are beginning to get their Christmas lights up, so driving home when it’s dark is slightly less dull as I can look at all the different variations of Christmas lights as I drive through the streets.
Our bathroom renovation is 95% done! All we need to do now is to have an electrician come and check the electrics to the new extractor fan and then it’ll be all signed off. Then, we just need to paint the walls where there is currently just dried plaster on some of the walls. Me and my husband need to decide on a paint colour though – we have a difference of opinion as to what will look good, so we’re going to get some tester pots and have a try. While we’ll most likely take care of the painting ourselves, Storm Guard Restoration has been a great resource not only for painting ideas, but the bathroom renovation as a whole.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Having a giggle with a friend at work; I’m so lucky to have her in my life. I haven’t known her that long but she’s so lovely and makes me smile, which has been a definite bonus over the past few weeks.
2) It was my birthday yesterday and I got to spend it with my family; nothing is better than that.
3) Me and my husband went out for a birthday meal to a slightly more expensive restaurant than normal, but the food was delicious and we’re making more memories, so not worried in the slightest.
4) Nightly snuggles with our two cats on the sofa – who needs heating when you’ve got two ready-made hot water bottles who want cuddles?!
5) Remember Me is a programme on BBC 1 and I’m looking forward to watching the final part tonight – it has been scary!
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Dividend Income Update – November 2014 by Dividend Mantra. I love these posts and this is no exception; Jason’s income per month proves his strategy works!
2) Create: Christmas Advent Calendar by Creative Countryside. A lovely homemade advent calendar that looks very straightforward to do.
3) How I Avoided Holiday Overspending Last Week by Frugal Rules. A great post about avoiding the traps that certain holidays bring.
4) I hate work Christmas parties by Cottage Retreatist. I’m lucky that we don’t have one of these, as I can imagine how awkward it would be to say no.
5) How To Host A Holiday Cookie Baking Party by Pinch of Yum. How I wish we had the space to do this – it looks like a lot of fun.
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– December Aims – my aims for the month ahead
– My Investment Strategy – a post about me mulling over how to choose my investments.
– Frugal Burn Out? – a post about how I’m feeling about the path we’re on.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!
This post contains a sponsored link.