Another week over, and what a week it has been! Thankfully, the car has been fine this week so no issues there, or no further spends, which is good. I have been doing some online shopping this week so our Christmas shopping is already over half done; by next weekend it should be all finished which is good. Before December too!
We are half way through our bathroom renovation which means our bathroom currently looks like a dangerous, unstable room! The only thing in there at the moment is our toilet, which they leave connected so that we have a working toilet in our house. The original plans say it should be done by this Friday coming, but at the moment, I can’t see that happening at all. I hope it is though; it’ll be nice to get back to normal. Plus, it will be so lovely to have a nice new bathroom; it’s been a long time in the works.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Having a giggle with a friend at work; I’m so lucky to have her in my life. I haven’t known her that long but she’s so lovely and makes me smile, which has been a definite bonus over the past few weeks.
2) An orange hot chocolate from a well-known coffee chain; SO good.
3) I have been playing some more traditional carols on the piano this week, which has got me in a Christmassy mood.
4) We had this Spanish Meatball & Butter Bean Stew for tea this week – it was really tasty so will be making this again!
5) My Saturday morning lie in – I’ve not been sleeping well lately so I really, really enjoyed this.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) 5 Personal Finance Lessons We Can Learn From Our Grandparents by The College Investor. I’ve written something similar, but I do believe that there is lots to learn from previous generations. A great read!
2) Weekly Woot & Grumble: Many Woots of Gratitude by Frugal Woods. A lovely, heartfelt post featuring the lovely Frugal Hound.
3) Million Dollar Baby: The Saturday Review #98 by Canadian Budget Binder. What a horrendous thing to happen – what a ridiculously large bill!
4) How I Conquered My Fear And Went Rock Climbing by Making Sense of Cents. Way to go Michelle! What an achievement.
5) Ten Things I Have Learned From My Cat by Joy The Baker. A very cute post by another cat owner!
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– Why People Struggling With Budgeting – exploring why people struggle with budgeting and how to overcome that.
– How To Survive Christmas On A Budget, Part Two – looking at decorations, meal planning and recipes to help out on the big day!
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!