I don’t know about anyone else, but I have found this week to go by so slowly. It probably hasn’t helped that I have been restricted in what I can do at work as I’ve had my arm in a sling all week, but each day seems to have dragged a lot. There is a lot of pressure at work at the moment which probably isn’t helping.
In terms of eating healthy, this week has been better; I haven’t had as many snacks or naughty things and I have tried to eat healthily at meal times. A colleague did bring in some sweet treats during the week and I may have succumbed to one, but not too worried about that. Friday night I did have a doughnut, but I’d go mad if I didn’t have any treats at all! I shall weigh myself at the end of the month to see if I’ve hit my target of 4 lbs lost. I don’t want to weigh in too often as I do not want to be disappointed if I haven’t lost anything during the week.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) I’m loving the new series of Peaky Blinders on the TV – it’s been a great start to season 2.
2) I got some Apple and Spice tea lights from Asda (50 for £2.50) and they smell lovely – I love candles and they make our living room feel all cosy.
3) Anyone else watched The Great British Bake Off? I enjoyed the final, though I wanted a different person to win! Still, nothing to watch on a Wednesday night now.
4) Tunnock’s Caramel wafer with a cup of tea – lovely when it had been a hard day at work.
5) We went round to a family member’s for tea one night during the week and the food was delicious. Plus, I didn’t have to worry about cooking the food!
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) $15,272 in September Online Income by Making Sense of Cents. Michelle’s blog is one of the first finance blogs I ever read, and boy, is she killing it with online income! Very inspirational.
2) You Can’t Get Rich if You Can’t Wait To Get Rich by First Quarter Finance. An interesting post about how you need to plan ahead and that wealth is a bit of a waiting game.
3) Woman Crush Wednesday – Personal Finance Edition by Cash Cow Couple. A great list of women who are in the personal finance niche. I’m honoured to be included on this list!
4) Thrifty & Organic October: Pork & Apples with French Style Lentils and Salted Chocolate Brownies by Lavender and Lovage. Oh, if only computer screens were a portal to somewhere else, because this whole meal sounds divine.
5) Coffee Shop Confessions by Budgets Are Sexy. A funny yet sometimes sad insight into conversations in a coffee shop. I hope this is a series of posts!
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– 10 Ways To Know You’re A Frugal Person – a list about traits frugal people have, how do you score?
– How Much Is Enough? – a post about having enough and being grateful for what we have.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!