How can it be nearly the end of September already?! Before we know it, it’ll be Christmas, then the new year and a whole new set of aims to work out!
As some of you know, if you’ve read my previous post, I’ve been feeling a little bit down this week. Lots of pressure at work and then generally feeling under the weather means I’ve not been 100% myself this week. I hate feeling off colour; makes me feel grumpy and tired all at the same time. Also, as I’ve been feeling down, my eating has not been great this week. I’ve had more chocolate than I’m supposed to. I’ll still weigh myself on September 30th, but I doubt I’ve lost 4 lbs this month.
5 things I’ve enjoyed/been grateful for this week:
1) Warm chicken soup on a cold day. There’s nothing better for the soul.
2) We went out for dinner with some family and it was really nice – good company and good food. Don’t need anything more than that!
3) Anyone else watching The Great British Bake Off? I’m looking forward to the semi final this week!
4) Scented candles which make any room seem cosy. Perfect for these darker nights.
5) A colleague at work came to see me on Friday towards the end of the day to see if I was alright as she thought I hadn’t been myself this week. It was so comforting to know I’ve got people to rely on if I need it.
5 blog posts I’ve enjoyed this week:
1) Side Hustle 1:1 Each Expense Gets Its Very Own Income Stream by First Quarter Finance. I love the idea of having income streams that cover certain expenses. Imagine having enough to cover all of your essential bills!
2) Pushing Through An Identity Crisis: 31 Straight Days of Writing by Luke1428. As someone who doesn’t dedicate enough time to writing, this is the perfect challenge for me. Looking forward to it!
3) How to Promote Your Blog Post to Get 1000 Shares by Razor Social. I cannot imagine what it must feel like to have a post you write get shared over 1000 times. But, this post talks about how to go about it. An interesting read.
4) How I Increased My Freelance Blogging Rate from $50 to $150 An Hour by Leaving Work Behind. An inspiring post about work and how to value your own time.
5) Toffee Apple Cinnamon Bun Rings by The Crazy Kitchen. Mm, I can just imagine the smell of these cookings – need to make these soon!
And, in case you’ve missed them, these are the topics I’ve posted about this week:
– My Vision for The Frugal Cottage – a post about what I want from this little blog of mine. Please read and tell me what you think!
– Life Update #1 – a more personal post about my struggles recently.
What have you enjoyed reading this week? Any plans for the week ahead? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!