One of the reasons why I love blogging so much is that I like to get to know the people behind the blogs. What do they like, what do they dislike, what would they do on a Sunday afternoon if they had their way; everything that makes a person who they are. So, I thought I’d share some random facts about me!
1) I love reading. I’m a fast reader and am currently reading Robert Galbraith’s The Silkworm. I’m really enjoying it – can’t work out what’s going on yet though!
2) I can touch type. I can type on my laptop at record speed and be watching the tv at the same time. I love the fact that I can type a lot of words pretty quickly.
3) I want to work with animals one day. I hope that once I retire from conventional work, I can volunteer at an animal shelter and work with animals. I love all animals and think it would be really rewarding.
4) I LOVE food. As in, I wish I could be a food critic so I could eat all day. I get excited by new foods and am willing to try (almost) anything.
5) That being said, I hate aubergines (eggplant). It’s something about the texture, the way it slightly squeaks? Ew. I wish I liked it, as there always seems to be some amazing-sounding dish involving aubergines when we go out, but nope, don’t like it.
6) My hair grows really fast. My hair is currently down to just below my waist and it grows fast. Last time I went to the hair dressers, I got 8 inches off my hair but it’s grown back again. Still, shouldn’t complain! I love having long hair.
7) I always lose at Scrabble. You know the board game? Yep, I always lose. I seem to get stuck with 3 ‘i’s and then it’s all over. Or the ‘Q’ yet no ‘U’? Whereas my husband seems to get really good letters.
8) I like good stationary. I could browse for hours in Paperchase, admiring pretty folders, notebooks and writing paper. Usually I can walk out without lots, but sometimes you just need a new notebook.
9) I don’t like gardening. Perhaps it’s because I’m not very good at it and our garden is a bit of a mishmash, but I really don’t enjoy it. I do it because we have a garden, but I would happily pay for a gardener if I thought we could justify the cost.
10) Chocolate will always win out over fruit. Every time. I’m trying to eat healthily so we have fruit in our house and less chocolate, but if someone asked me whether I wanted chocolate or fruit for pudding, always chocolate. Always.
So there you have it! 10 random facts about me. Anything I’ve missed out? Any questions from anyone?
Does anyone else not like aubergines? Please say it’s not just me! I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
P.S do you have twitter? Follow me here!